Battle of the Books
Monday, May 14, 2007
My team won Battle of the Books for my grade for the entire district! My team was called the Funkee Munkees. It was just me, Breanna, and Cashai. We had to read 5 of 10 books on a list of books to qualify for the team. We were the only three in the whole grade that read at least 5 and passed the tests.

It was really scary because none of us had done Battle of the Books before. We had to answer questions about each of the books. We also had to memorize the names of the books and the authors. We won a cool blue fleece blanket that had Battle of the Books monogramed on it and a complete set of the books on the book list that we had to read. We will definitely do it again next year.


2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

You are my hero Ty! Hey, I went and volunteered at The Haven today. I found a VERY CUTE stray dauchsand in my yard on Sunday morning. I was going to keep her, but Diamond didn't like her. So...I took her out to the Haven this morning. I was so sad to leave her there. I hope her owners go get her!

Blogger Shelly said...

Hi Ty!
I love your Blog and I don't think I ever told you how proud I was of you for winning Battle of the Books! You are such an incredible young lady and I miss you more than you know. You were the best student a teacher could ever ask for! Have a great, fun summer!
Mrs. Chance
P.S. LOVE your braces! You DO make them beautiful!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer